A great beef stew recipe to try !
- 1/4 c. flour
- 2 lb. beef stew meat
- 3 tbsp. bacon drippings
- 1 pkg. Lipton onion soup mix
- 1 qt. water
- 2 bags frozen stew vegetables
- 1 c. frozen green peas (added during last 10 minutes)
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. seasoning salt
- 1 bay leaf
- Several drops of Kitchen Bouquet
- 2-3 dashes hot pepper sauce (optional)
In a plastic bag, combine flour with 1 teaspoon salt. Add beef stew meat cubes, shake to coat.
In a large saucepan, brown meat, in the hot bacon drippings. Add water, soup mix and spices. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 45-60 minutes, until beef is nearly tender. Add vegetables, cover and simmer for 30 minutes more.
If you need to thicken the beef stew some, use 1/4 cup of the leftover seasoning flour, mixed with 1/2 cup cold water, (make sure there are no lumps) and stir into the stew. Cook an additional 5 minutes. The beef stew recipe is ready...enjoy it !