- 3 lbs. beef cubes
- 1 env. Lipton's Onion Soup Mix
- 1 can (14 1/2 oz.) stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (28 oz.) whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 lg. red onion, sliced
- 1 (10 oz.) pkg. frozen tiny lima beans
- Brown rice, cook according to pkg. directions
If beef is in large cubes, cut each cube in half to make bite sized pieces.
In large soup pot cover beef with water. Boil for 1/2 hour. Pour off scum. Rinse beef. Return to pot. Add just enough water to cover.
Add sliced onion and onion soup mix. Cover pot and simmer for 1 1/2 - 2 hours. Add stewed tomatoes and whole tomatoes (that you have broken up) and lima beans. Simmer until beans are tender. The beef stew recipe is ready to serve over brown rice...nice ! Enjoy it !