Monday, September 19, 2011
Vegetable Beef Stew Recipe
Another great beef stew recipe to try....with vegetables..nice !
BEEF STEW RECIPE INGREDIENTS:
* 2 beef shanks, meaty, about 1 1/2 to 2 pounds
* 3 cups beef broth
* 1 can (approx. 10.5 ounces) condensed French onion soup
* 4 cups water
* 1/2 to 3/4 cup sliced celery
* 1/2 cup chopped onion
* 2 medium carrots, sliced, about 1 to 1 1/2 cups
* 2 to 3 medium red-skinned potatoes, peeled and cut in 1/2-inch pieces, about 2 to 2 1/2 cups
* 1 medium white turnip, cubed, about 1 cup
* 1/2 cup frozen corn kernels
* 1/2 cup frozen lima beans or baby limas, optional
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt or Creole seasoning
* 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
* 4 tablespoons flour mixed with an equal amount of cold water
BEEF STEW RECIPE INSTRUCTIONS
In a stockpot or Dutch oven, combine beef shanks, broth, onion soup, water, celery, and onion. Bring to a simmer and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes. Cover and cook over low heat for about 45 to 60 minutes. Add carrots, potatoes, and white turnip. Cook for 20 minutes longer. Remove beef and cut up. Discard fat and bones.
Return the cut-up beef to stockpot, along with corn, Lima beans, and seasonings. Cover and cook for about 45 minutes, or until Lima beans are tender. Combine the flour and water; stir into the stew mixture. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally for about 10 to 20 minutes, until thickened. Taste and adjust seasonings. The vegetable beef stew recipe is ready to serve....bon apetit... enjoy the feasts !