Monday, August 8, 2011
Curried Beef Stew Recipes
Try this curried beef stew...a nice one !
Beef Stew Recipe Ingredients:
* 1 pound lean beef, cut into small cubes
* 1/3 cup flour
* 1 scant teaspoon curry powder
* 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
* 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* dash pepper
* 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
* 2 ribs celery, sliced
* 1 medium onion, diced
* 3 cups beef broth
* 1 small to medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into small cubes
* 2 carrots, chopped
* 2 small to medium potatoes, peeled cut into small cubes
* 1/2 cup baby lima beans
* 1 can (14.5 ounces) tomatoes with juice
BEEF STEW RECIPE INSTRUCTIONS
In a plastic food storage bag, combine cubed beef, flour, curry powder, ginger, onion powder, salt, and pepper; set aside. In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add celery and onion;
saute until just tender. Add the beef and any excess flour, stirring well. If necessary, add a little more oil. Continue cooking, stirring, until beef is lightly browned. Add beef broth; cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Add sweet potato, carrots, potatoes, and lima beans. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Add tomatoes. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes longer.
And the curry beef stew is ready to serves 4 to 6 great hungry people...enjoy the feast !