Beef Stew Recipes Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 lbs. lean beef
- 3 c. fresh or canned peeled tomatoes with basil
- 3/4 c. chopped celery
- 1/2 c. chopped parsley, preferably Italian, loosely packed
- 1/4 tsp. oregano
- 1/4 tsp. dried thyme
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1/4 c. butter
- 1 tsp. finely chopped garlic
- 1/2 c. dry white wine
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary or 1 tsp. dried rosemary leaves
- 8 thin slices French or Italian bread
- 1 whole clove garlic, peeled
1. Trim meat, cut it into one inch cubes.
2. In a saucepan, combine the tomatoes, celery, parsley, oregano, thyme, oil and salt and pepper to taste. Cover and bring to boil. Simmer about 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Put the sauce through a food mill and set aside.
3. Meanwhile, heat 1/4 cup butter in a wide flameproof casserole. Add the beef and cook, stirring, until the meat loses its red color. Add the chopped garlic and stir. Transfer the meat to another dish.
4. Add the wine to the casserole and cook over high heat until it is reduced by half. Add the meat, the rosemary, and the tomato sauce and, if necessary, salt and pepper to taste. Cover and simmer about 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
5. Meanwhile, spread the bread with butter and toast on both sides under the broiler. Rub on both sides with the garlic clove, place 2 slices in 4 hot soup bowls, and spoon the meat and sauce over all. The Beef Stew Recipes is ready to erve hot and makes 4 servings...enjoy it !