Saturday, September 13, 2008
Beef and Onion Stew
Another great beef stew recipe to try...with onions...great !
* 1 1/2 pounds beef stew meat
* all-purpose flour
* 1/4 cup butter or margarine
* 3 cups diced onion
* 1 garlic clove, minced
* 1 1/2 cups beef broth
* 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
* 1 tablespoon tomato paste
* 1 bay leaf
* 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
* 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
* 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
* cooked rice or noodles
1. Dredge meat in flour; brown in butter in a Dutch oven. Add the onion and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes. Add broth, vinegar, tomato paste and seasonings. Cover and simmer for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until meat is tender. Serve over rice or noodles...great taste and combination.The beef stew recipe is ready to serve..enjoy the party !
Baked Beef Stew
Try this baked beef stew recipe....a nice and classic one !
* 2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1 inch cubes
* 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
* 1 cup water
* 3 tablespoons instant tapioca
* 1 tablespoon beef bouillon granules
* 2 teaspoons white sugar
* 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
* 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
* 4 carrots, cut into 1 inch pieces
* 2 strips celery, cut into 3/4 inch pieces
* 3 potato, peeled and cubed
* 1 onion, roughly chopped
* 1 slice bread, cubed
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
2. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown the stew meat; drain and set aside.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine the tomatoes, water, tapioca, beef bouillon granules, sugar, salt and pepper. Stir in the beef, carrots, celery, potatoes, onion, and bread cubes. Pour into the
prepared baking dish.
4. Cover and bake for 2 hours, or until meat and vegetables are tender...and the baked beef stew recipe are now ready for feasts...bon apetit ! Enjoy it !
Spiced Beef Stew
Try this spicy beef stew recipe....a must try ! Nice one !
* 1/4 cup margarine
* 2 pounds cubed beef stew meat
* 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
* 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
* 1 cup beer
* 1 onion, sliced into thin rings
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
* 1 teaspoon dried thyme
* 1 bay leaf
* 1 (15 ounce) can mixed vegetables, drained
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C).
2. In Dutch oven over medium-high heat, melt butter or margarine. Cook beef in two batches until browned, stirring often. Remove beef from Dutch oven and set aside. Stir in flour.
3. Add broth, beer, onion, garlic, brown sugar, thyme and bay leaf. Heat to boil. Return beef to dish. Cover and bake at 350 degree F(175 C) for 1 1/2 hours.
4. Add mixed vegetables. Cover and bake for 1 hour, or until beef is done. Remove bay leaf and the beef stew recipe is ready to serve....magnificent taste ! Enjoy it !
Cuban Beef Stew
Another great beef stew recipe to try.... a Cuban style..!
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 1 onion, chopped
* 4 cloves garlic, minced
* 1 red bell pepper, chopped
* 1 1/2 pounds sirloin tips, cubed
* 2 bay leaves
* 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
* 1 teaspoon dried oregano
* 1/2 cup dry sherry
* 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
* 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
* 1/4 cup pimento-stuffed green olives
* 1/4 cup raisins
* 2 tablespoons capers
* 4 potatoes, peeled and quartered
* salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large saute pan, heat oil over medium heat. Cook onion and garlic in oil, stirring frequently, until transparent. Stir in cubed meat, and cook until browned. Stir in red bell pepper, bay leaf, cumin, and oregano; cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
2. Stir in sherry, tomato sauce, vinegar, olives, raisins, and capers. Pour in enough water to just cover meat. Bring to boil, reduce heat to low, and cover. Simmer until fork tender, about 1 1/2 hours. Add more water if the stew becomes too thick.
3. Stir potatoes into the stew. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook, covered, until potatoes are almost tender. Uncover, and cook until done....and the beef stew recipe is ready to serve...great taste of stew. Enjoy the party !
Irish Beef Stew
Try this great beef stew recipe....the Irish Beef Stew... a nice one !
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 pounds stew beef, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 6 large garlic cloves, minced
- 8 cups beef stock or canned beef broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) butter
- 3 pounds russet potatoes, peeled, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (about 7 cups)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cups 1/2-inch pieces peeled carrots
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Heat oil in heavy large pot over medium-high heat. Add beef and sauté until brown on all sides, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and sauté 1 minute. Add beef stock, tomato paste, sugar, thyme,
Worcestershire sauce and bay leaves. Stir to combine. Bring mixture to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, then cover and simmer 1 hour, stirring occasionally.Meanwhile, melt butter in another large pot over medium heat. Add potatoes, onion and carrots. Sauté vegetables until golden, about 20 minutes. Add vegetables to beef stew. Simmer uncovered until
vegetables and beef are very tender, about 40 minutes. Discard bay leaves. Tilt pan and spoon off fat. (Can be prepared up to 2 days ahead. Cool slightly. Refrigerate uncovered until cold, then cover and refrigerate. Bring to simmer before serving.) Transfer stew to serving bowl. Sprinkle with parsley and the Irish beef stew is ready to serve....enjoy !