Try this lively anad great combination of beef stew recipe of meat and vegetables with the World's Greatest Picante Sauce. Amazing taste !
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 lb. beef stew meat, cut into 1" cubes
- 3 tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tsp. shredded fresh ginger
- 2 med. onions, cut into thin wedges
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (28 oz.) tomatoes, undrained, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 c. Pace Picante sauce
- 1/4 c. dry sherry
- 8 oz. mushrooms, halved or quartered
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 3 c. broccoli florets
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch dissolved in 1 tbsp. water
- Hot cooked rice
Brown half the meat at a time on all sides in hot oil in large saucepan. Remove meat; sprinkle with soy sauce and ginger; reserve. Cook onion and garlic in drippings in same saucepan until tender. Add meat, tomatoes, Pace Picante sauce, sherry, mushrooms and sugar.
Bring to a boil; cover and simmer 1 hour or until meat is tender.
Stir in broccoli; cover and simmer 5 minutes. Stir in cornstarch mixture; cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes. Serve with rice and additional Pace Picante sauce. The beef stew recipe is ready...bon apetit !